This program is open to active duty, reserve, discharged, and retired military personnel who have received at least 2 doses of anthrax vaccine. Laboratory workers, civilian employees of the government, and anyone else who has received at least 2 doses of anthrax vaccine also qualify.
Beginning 14 days after receiving an anthrax vaccination, program participants are eligible to donate plasma a maximum of 8 times within a 28 day period at selected BPL Plasma centers. Some donors may be invited to make additional donations.
Donors in the program will receive $100 per AIG plasma donation (each time, upon completion of their appointment). Most participants will also require a booster vaccination prior to donating plasma. Donors requiring a booster injection will receive an additional $100 for the vaccination.
Participants who refer a donor that qualifies and donates for this Anthrax program will receive a referral fee of $50 for each donor that they refer. Referral fees are contingent upon the referred donor’s acceptance and participation in the program.
Potential donors must be in good health, not pregnant and pass an FDA-based medical history screening to qualify. Among other things, donors must be negative for Syphilis, HIV, Hepatitis (A, B and C) and have not had any non-sterile tattoos or bodily piercings within the last 12 months.
Due to concerns about certain diseases, FDA has determined that the following individuals are not eligible to donate plasma and could not participate in the Anthrax immunization program:
- If you have stayed three months or more, cumulatively, in the United Kingdom from 1980 through 1996. ·
- If you have stayed 5 years or more, cumulatively, in France from 1980 to present.
- U.S. Military personnel or dependents that resided at:
- U.S. Military bases in Belgium, the Netherlands, or Germany for 6 months or more from 1980 through 1990.
- U.S. Military bases in Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy, or Greece for 6 months or more from 1980 through 1996.
- Recipients of blood transfusion in the United Kingdom between 1980 and present.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY EMAIL US: email@example.com
DONOR I.D. REQUIREMENTS:
- Government Issued ID (Drivers License/Passport)
- Proof of Social Security (Social Security card or Military ID)
- Valid Anthrax vaccination record – This is very important to prove you have previously been vaccinated with the Anthrax vaccine. Your anthrax shot record with your name and series of previously administered vaccinations will be required before you can participate in this program. Please bring this documentation in during your first visit to the center.
Please call now for more information:
BPL Plasma centers have been authorized to administer booster injections of the Anthrax vaccine for continued participation in the program. The vaccination schedule allows donors the potential to be active in this program 2 times per year.